The American Association of Women Dentists is seeking candidates to serve two-year terms on the 2023-2024 AAWD Board. You may nominate yourself or someone else using this form. Multiple nominations are permitted.
AAWD board members work together to advance women in dentistry. The Nominations Committee is currently seeking candidates who will bring wisdom, effectiveness, candor, and creative thinking to the board. In choosing nominees to develop the election slate, the Nominations Committee considers candidates’ backgrounds and experiences in five areas:
- Contributions to dentistry
- Strategic planning experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience assessing and administering finances
- Corporate relations experience
The open board positions for the 2023-2024 term are as follows:
- President Elect
- Director of Corporate Relations
- Director of Membership and Chapters
Please note that there is a partial travel stipend included for AAWD Board Members.
Expectations for Nominations
- Candidates must be willing to commit time, assume responsibility, and participate in meetings and AAWD activities.
- Bring a sense of entrepreneurial spirit and energy to the office.
- Demonstrate appropriate experience for the nomination such as previous AAWD leadership, industry or other non-profit board positions, or substantial charity or community service.
- For President or Vice-President, candidates are expected to have served on the AAWD Board of Directors or served in an equal capacity as an officer of another association or industry board, and have experience managing a profit and loss business, non-profit, or budgeted center.
- Candidates will provide a headshot, biographical information, a statement of purpose, and record a short promotional video on Zoom to be used as part of the ballot.
- The Board of Directors’ service is a real opportunity for personal and professional growth. It allows the member to develop and shape the future of AAWD and to be the real voice of women dentists.
- The typical time commitment for a board member is 8 to 10 hours per month.
- Board members are expected to attend monthly meetings and semi-annual face-to-face board meetings or virtual strategic planning sessions if offered.
- Board members are expected to prepare in advance for meetings and accomplish the agenda items.
- Board members are expected to place the interests and needs of AAWD above all self-interests.
You may nominate using the downloadable paper form by clicking here.