Because women dentists need to support each other! Although the gender composition of U.S. dentists has changed dramatically in the last twenty years, there’s not much else that has. Dental equipment is still designed for male bodies, journal ads are still aimed to a male audience and local dental meetings are still very much male territory. The American Association of Women Dentists, established in 1921, is the only dues-based national organization representing the interests of women dentists across the country. AAWD benefits its members from dental school through retirement. Here’s a sampling of what membership in AAWD has to offer:
- Subscription to AAWD’s Chronicle. Our online newsletter, published quarterly, will keep you up to date on all the happenings within AAWD.
- On-line Membership Directory
- Annual Meeting and Conference
- Opportunity to “give back” through our 501-c-3 charitable organization, Smiles for Success.
- Help with Local Chapter start-up; Awards/Scholarships/Loan Programs Affinity Programs for your banking, insurance, equipment and credit services needs.
The face of dentistry is changing — and we want you to be part of it.