Because women dentists need to support each other! Although the gender composition of U.S. dentists has changed dramatically in the last twenty years, there’s not much else that has. Dental equipment is still designed for male bodies, journal ads are still aimed to a male audience and local dental meetings are still very much male territory. The American Association of Women Dentists, established in 1921, is the only dues-based national organization representing the interests of women dentists across the country. AAWD benefits its members from dental school through retirement.
The face of dentistry is changing — and we want you to be part of it.
CONNECT WITH THE WOMAN DENTIST’S NETWORK THAT’S BEEN GOING STRONG SINCE 1921! Here are some of the benefits that membership in AAWD has to offer:
- AAWD’s Chronicle newsletter . Read about how other women dentists are combining career and family along with member activities in the AAWD’s online monthly newsletter.
- AAWD Website. A comprehensive website with today’s information and your access to current news.
- Online Membership Directory. Access active dentists, faculty, or students to network in your local area.
- AAWD Awards Program. The Lucy Hobbs Taylor Award (the highest award bestowed on a woman dentist who has contributed to the advancement of dentistry) is presented during our Annual Meeting. We also provide Federal Services and Uniformed Services Awards.
- Student Scholarships and Awards. Eleanor J. Bushee Senior Dental Student Award is among the opportunities available for our student members.
- Industry Discounts for Products & Services. Access deep discounts for your banking, insurance, equipment and credit services needs.
- Chapters in Your Local Area. Join or help start a local chapter and join the ever expanding network of women dentists who are practicing state of the art dentistry while balancing their lives. Learn about activities in your area and how you can get on board to connect to women who run with the best!
- Annual Conference. Exceptional workshops include practice management, personal and professional health, scientific and technical sessions to easily obtain continuing education units. AAWD focuses on women’s health issues. Network with your colleagues in the various fields of dentistry. A distinctive conference, highly valued by our attendees as one of the finest conferences in dentistry today.
- Volunteer Opportunities. Opportunity to “give back” through our 501-c-3 charitable organization, Smiles for Success, which offers dental services to women in need throughout our local communities.
Bank of America gives power back to borrowers and allows people to take ownership of their financial future. They offer offers premium debt consolidation, flexible payment options, low interest rates, and more. AAWD members will get the low or no interest rates for a limited time when you sign up! To apply, make sure you have your AAWD Member ID number. Visit the AAWD Member Portal for more information: https://www.aawd.org/membership/index.php/membership-benefits
Juno uses the power of group buying to help people get lower interest rates on new student loans and student loan refinancing. They help thousands of people nationwide save on their student loans, and tackle student debt with a plan that works. This free resource has changed the lives of so many who struggle with the rising costs of higher education. Let them help you!
Deals we think you’d love:
- Undergraduate loans: For undergrads who’ve hit the caps on Federal Student Loans. Our deal takes off 1% on interest (ex. 5% ->4%) & has no origination fee.
- Graduate loans: A good alternative to Federal Loans for people with good credit or a co-signer. All graduate deals feature cashback rewards.
- Refinance loans: Best for people with a steady income. Depending on borrower location & occupation, we’ll recommend the best option. Most deals feature cashback or a rate reduction.
- International health insurance: For those looking for a cheaper alternative to signing on with a university’s mandatory insurance plan.
Have your AAWD Member ID ready and click this partnership link to get started: https://joinjuno.com/p/aawd?grow=ameriawd
Hopetown Dental Lab is a state-of-the-art digital dental laboratory located in Ft. Worth, Texas. Our team of experienced technicians handle each case with full attention and care from start to finish. AAWD members receive a significant discount on lab fees. Link to Hopetown Dental Lab website: http://hopetowndentallab.com/
Dental Advocacy Group was formed to help independent dental practices achieve better profitability. We accomplish this through our proprietary network, PFS Dental Network. Our dentists are paid, on average, 20% more than standard market fees offered by the insurance companies. To find out if you are eligible for participation, please click the link to our website and take the free practice assessment. Link to DAG website: WWW.DENTALADVOCACYGROUP.COM
We’re working to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents and our partners – vets and service providers – alike. Our success is measured by the happiness of the people and pets we serve, not simply by the amount of pet supplies we deliver. That’s why we continue to think of outside-the-Chewy-box ways to delight, surprise, and thank our loyal pet lovers.
AAWD Practice Resources AAWD provides members with a collection of resources for use in your practice. We have collected a variety of consent forms and practice management forms for your customization and use. Click here to access resources.
Spickler Wealth Management Group at Merrill Lynch Podcast The AAWD Retirement Solution is based on sound structural elements that have been reviewed and successfully tested based on the fiduciary responsibilities specified in the law and regulations, from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Department of Labor (DOL), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and other government agencies. With the AAWD Retirement Solution, employers outsource the functions and liability of the retirement plan administration. TAG becomes each employer’s Retirement Plan Support Team in action and accountability. TAG eliminates a majority of your plan administration burden, allowing you to focus on your business.
Professional Protector Plan® for Dentists (PPP®) Through our network of specialized agents, the Professional Protector Plan® for Dentists (PPP®) has been serving dentists nationwide since 1969. The PPP is a package of coverages: professional liability, employment practices liability, cyber liability, general liability and property insurance. This seamless package, offered by the same insurance company, helps to minimize the possibility of claims falling into a “gray” area. By specifically designing coverages that meet the unique needs of dental professionals, the program is structured to encourage a combination of protection. In addition, it offers less administrative involvement on behalf of the practitioner by allowing them to purchase their protection needs through a single product.
We are excited to announce a new partnership between the American Association of Women Dentists and Armoire. As a member of AAWD, you can subscribe to Armoire’s wardrobe rental service at a 50% discount on any plan! Armoire is tailor-made for the professional busy woman, providing her a wardrobe to telegraph her sense of power and self, in a minimal amount of time.
Simply sign up, tell us your style and fit preferences, and pick your favorite pieces, then exchange them on your schedule. Shipping, cleaning, & styling included. The unique combination of our sophisticated algorithm, and high-touch personalized service, ensures you will consistently look composed, stylish, professional, and powerful.
Save on your Credit Card Processing / Merchant Fees. Merchant Cost Consulting will audit your Dental Firm’s credit card/merchant processing statements monthly to negotiate better rates and protect you against hidden fee spikes, increasing rates, or miscellaneous fees that are added to merchant accounts. Our firm makes money ONLY by sharing the savings we obtain our clients. If no savings are obtained, there is nothing owed to us. NO upfront costs, NO hourly consulting fees, no risk to a member’s practice, NO need to switch providers.