The ADA has been working with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to secure PPE for dentists across the country. FEMA has allotted a significant amount of 3M-made KN95 masks, as well as Level 1 non-surgical polyester isolation gowns for distribution to all dentists at a minimal cost.** AAWD is happy to extend to you ADA’s invitation to place an order for these masks and/or gowns by registering below.
Masks will be shipped in a 50-pack. Those currently in stock are 3M-made KN95 masks (model 9502+) and are FDA and NIOSH approved. These masks have headbands, which are considered to be more comfortable than ear loops. The reimbursement fee** for the 50-pack of masks will be $26.50.
Gowns will be shipped separately in a 25-pack. The pack will include a variety of sizes from Small to XX-Large. These gowns are washable/reusable and are supplied during the COVID-19 pandemic subject to FDA docket 2020-D-1138. The reimbursement fee* for the 25-pack of gowns will be $31.25.
Please note, if you have already placed an order for either the 50-pack of masks or the 25-pack of gowns through the ADA, you will not be able to place another order for that particular item at this time.
To request your PPE, you will need an ADA Number (members and non-members). If you do not know your ADA Number, please contact the ADA Member Service Center via chat. Advisors are available to assist you from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may also contact the Member Service Center via email at email@example.com. The ADA can only ship this PPE to the 50 U.S. states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
To request PPE, register here.
You will be asked to:
1. Enter your ADA Number (whether or not you are currently a member) and your last name.
2. Confirm your information (pay close attention to shipping address).
3. Confirm your request to receive 50 KN95 masks.
4. Confirm your request to receive an allotment of gowns.
5. Enter your payment information for your reimbursement fee(s)**.
We strongly encourage you to complete your request immediately, as supplies are limited.
Along with helping you get the PPE you need, you can count on the ADA to bring you the latest evidence-based guidance about COVID-19. The ADA’s extensive suite of COVID-19 resources includes:
- Recently updated ADA Return to Work Interim Guidance Toolkit with printable patient letter, evaluation forms and practical infection control protocols
- New Patient Return Resource Center, a downloadable suite of communication tools to help educate your patients about what they will experience when returning for non-emergency care (ADA member-exclusive)
- New Protocols for Positive COVID-19 Test guide dentists through handling a staff or household member’s positive COVID-19 test (ADA member-exclusive)
- The latest on demand digital events, including “Practicing after COVID”
- Our community of more than 163,000 ADA members is the reason we’re able to lead the dental profession forward with valuable guidance and PPE to help you practice safely and with confidence. If you are not currently an ADA member, please consider joining. Together with AAWD, we’ll be there to support you through it all.
*Orders will be processed in the order they are received. Following registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow up to 15 business days to receive your PPE. If inventory is not available when you complete your request, you will be placed on a “waiting list” (back order) and informed of such. ADA will send your PPE if and when we receive more product from FEMA. If additional inventory is not received, the fee(s) will be reversed on your credit card.
**The ADA is not charging for the masks and gowns themselves, as they were provided by FEMA at no cost. Also, the ADA is not profiting on this PPE – the ADA is charging only to recoup actual costs to receive, re-package, ship via UPS through our fulfillment partner PBD and credit card / processing fees.